Labourer dies due to electrocution at Jajpur Road Community Health Centre

A labourer died due to electrocution at the Jajpur Road Community Health Centre (CHC) in Odisha's Jajpur district.

Jajpur: A heart-wrenching incident unfolded at the Jajpur Road Community Health Centre (CHC) in Odisha’s Jajpur district, as a labourer died due to electrocution on Sunday. The victim has been identified as Sheikh Maiddun, a resident of the Hooghly area in West Bengal.

According to the sources, a contractual firm had been enlisted to undertake drainage work within the CHC premises. In line with this project, several labourers, including Maiddun, were employed by the contractual firm.

Tragedy struck when Maiddun was engaged in connecting a motor pump to the main power supply. Shockingly, he suffered a fatal electric shock during the process and collapsed immediately.

His co-workers, upon hearing his cries of distress, promptly rushed him to the CHC for urgent medical attention. However, despite their efforts, the attending doctor declared Maiddun as brought dead.

On being informed, the police reached the spot, seized the body and sent it for autopsy. The cops have also initiated a probe into the matter.

Further detailed reports related to the case are awaited.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.