2 minors critically burnt as their blanket catches fire in Odisha’s Malkangiri

Malkangiri: A minor boy and a minor girl sustained critical burn injury after fire broke out at their home in Goudaguda village of this district in Odisha. Identity of the victims is yet to be ascertained.

As per reports, the fire broke out at the house early in the morning on Tuesday when a minor boy and his sister were asleep at their home. Their parents wrapped a blanket on the two and had gone to work in a brick kiln early in the morning.

The fire reportedly caught the blanket from a dibiri (lantern) placed nearby when the two  were asleep. Gripped by the burn injury and pain the two victims shouted for help. However, as there was nobody at the house nobody came to their aid.

However, later the two managed to come out of the house and the neighbours noticed them. They immediately doused the flame, informed their parents and rushed the brother sister duo to Malkangiri hospital.

The doctor has said that the victims have sustained 100 percent burn injury and their condition is critical. After providing primary treatment the victims have been shifted to District Head quarter hospital in Koraput.

Kalinga TV is now on WhatsApp. Join today to get latest Updates
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.