Mishap before celebration! Youth electrocuted to death while carrying idol of Lord Ganesh in Jajpur dist

In an unfortunate incident, a youth died reportedly after coming in contact with a live electric wire in Odisha’s Jajpur district today.

Jajpur: In an unfortunate incident, a youth died reportedly after coming in contact with a live electric wire in Odisha’s Jajpur district today.

A group of eight youth were carrying an idol of Lord Ganesh to the puja pandal in a tractor. They were taking idol in view of the Ganesh Chaturthi, to be celebrated tomorrow. But, the tractor came in touch with a live electricity wire at Balibilli village under Bari police station limits, due to which four youths became critical.

All of them were rescued by the locals and were rushed to Bari Community Health Centre (CHC). Unfortunately, one Samir Rout (35) of Dhiabaringi succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment in the hospital.

The conditions of the three others- Naresh Dash, Ajambar Rout and Samarendra Routh – are also stated to be critical. They were shifted to the District Headquarter Hospital (DHH).

The mishap and the death of Samir have disheartened the locals, who were in a festive mood to celebrate the Ganesh Chaturthi tomorrow.

Also Read: Former Police ASI Gets Two Years Of Rigorous Imprisonment In Bribe Case

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.