4 critical, property worth lakhs gutted in LPG cylinder fire mishap

KalingaTV News Network

Anandpur: At least four members of a family sustained injuries and five houses were gutted after a LPG cylinder caught fire in Bankhidi village under Anandpur police limits in Keonjhar district on Friday.

Sparks erupted in the kitchen of one Chakradhar Barik’s home in the village while preparation of dinner was under way and the fire soon spread to the whole house. After Barik along with some locals tried to douse the fire on their own initially, an LPG gas kept inside the kitchen caught flames and an explosion took place. At least four persons of the family sustained severe injuries in the explosion.

The injured were rushed to the Anandpur Sub-Divisional Hospital immediately and one of them with severe burn wounds was shifted to the SCB Medical in Cuttack later in the night.

The fire was doused only after a fire brigade team from Anandpur reached the spot and swung into action.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.