Man electrocuted to death while repairing inverter in Balasore
Balasore: A man was electrocuted to death while repairing a defunct power inverter in Badakia area under Chandipur police limits in Balasore district on Friday.
The deceased has been identified as Basant Samal (35) of the same village.
Basant had been to a grocery shop located in the village this morning to purchase some items when the mishap took place. The shop owner was reportedly checking a power inverter which had suffered a technical glitch and sought the victim’s help to examine that.
While giving a helping hand Basant had an electric shock from the inverter and turned critical on the spot.
Though the victim was rushed to the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) for treatment immediately, the doctors declared him brought dead there.
Police later reached the hospital and seized the body for autopsy.