One-year-old girl injured after mobile phone explodes in Koraput village

Koraput: In a tragic incident, a one -year-old girl child was badly hurt after the battery of a mobile phone exploded while she was sleeping at her house in Odisha’s Koraput district late last night.

The child was rushed to the Laxmipur Community Health Centre (CHC). Her face was badly wounded, sources said.

As per reports, one Rohit Nachika of Bilangsil village under Laxmipur block in the district had bought a mobile phone last year for Rs 1,500. As every day, after charging the phone, Rohit had kept the phone on the bed where his wife and one-year-old baby girl were sleeping.

At around 1 AM, the mobile phone suddenly exploded causing burn injuries to her eye, and cheeks.

The family members rushed her to the Laxmipur CHC on a motorcycle this morning. Later, the girl was shifted to the Koraput District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) here for further treatment.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.