Cuttack: A fire broke out at the ground floor of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC ) office building here in Odisha on Tuesday.
No injuries or casualties were reported in the incident. However, furniture and some official documents were gutted in the fire.
It is suspected that the fire broke out due to a short-circuit in an air conditioner (AC) of the ground floor of the building . The ground floor has been used as the training centre for the LIC agents, sources said
On being informed, two fire tenders rushed to the spot and doused the flame.