Wild mushrooms sicken 22 of 8 families in Nabarangpur village

KalingaTV News Network

Nabarangpur: In yet another case of food poisoning associated with toxic mushroom in the state, at least 22 persons from eight families were taken ill after consuming wild mushrooms in Chikili village under Dabugaon block in the district last night.

As per the report the victim families have collected a particular variety of wild mushroom which is locally called ‘Duma Chhatu’ from a nearby forest. However, after consuming the curry prepared with the mushroom in dinner the victims developed symptoms like nausea, head reeling, vomiting and loose motion.

All the sicks including at least seven children were immediately rushed to Dabugaon Community Health Centre (CHC) where there condition is stated to be out of danger after curative measures.

With the onset of the monsoon in the state Odisha has witnessed a sharp rise in toxic mushroom related food poisoning cases. Earlier on June 30, as many as five members of a family developed food poisoning after eating wild mushrooms in Kantarmua village under Telkoi block of Keonjhar district.

Later on July 5, at least 12 persons fell sick in Kundriguda village in Koraput district after consuming toxic mushrooms from the backyards of their houses. The district administration rushed a team of health officials to the village to sensitize people against the consumption of toxic mushroom.

Kalinga TV is now on WhatsApp. Join today to get latest Updates
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.