LPG cylinder goes off in Ganjam, 2 hurt

Bhanjanagar: By denting the Durga Puja spirit for a family at least two persons sustained burn injuries in a cooking gas cylinder fire in Chadhiapalli village under Belaguntha block of Ganjam district last night.

The mishap took place while preparation of ‘peetha’ (cake) for Dussehra celebration was underway at the kitchen of one Narayan Moharana’s family and a cylinder of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder suddenly caught fire.

Narayan and his sister-in-law sustained critical burn injuries after being engulfed by the fire which assumed an alarming proportion in a short span of time.

Fire brigade teams from Belaguntha rushed to the spot immediately following intimation and doused the flames.

The injured duo has been admitted to Belaguntha Medical for treatment following the incident.

Also Read: Tourists To Return To Kashmir, Advisory Lifted


Kalinga TV is now on WhatsApp. Join today to get latest Updates
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.