Child branded with hot coconut shell turns critical

KalingaTV News Network

child brandingKeonjhar: Proving that repeated mishaps, at times leading to death, have failed to pursuade people in the remote areas of Odisha to shun unscientific methods of treating children suffering from ailments, a 25-day old infant turned critical after being branded with a heated coconut shell to get rid of an ailment in Kharba village of the district Sunday morning.

The incident came to fore after a couple Duryodhan and Malati Juang admitted their 25-day-old son to the Keonjhar Hospital today morning. The child was spotted with marks of heated coconut shell branding on his body.

The ASHA worker accompanying the ailing child informed that his family members branded him with a heated coconut shell to cure him of a belly bottom infection. Following the crude treatment, the child turned critical and the couple called up her to seek assistance.

On the other hand, the doctors treating the child stated his condition was critical.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.