Bhubaneswar: The regional centre of India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Saturday issued Yellow warning for heavy to very heavy rainfall for the next 24 hours.
Heavy to very heavy rainfall is very likely to occur at one or two places over the districts of Khurda, Puri, Ganjam and heavy rainfall is very likely to occur at one or two places over the districts of Nayagarh, Gajapati, Cuttack, Jagatsinghpur, said the IMD.
The weatherman further said that under the influence of the system over Bay of Bengal, squally weather with wind speed reaching 45-55 kmph likely over deep-sea areas of west central Bay of Bengal during 16th & 17th November, 2021.
Fishermen Warning: Fishermen are advised not to venture into deep sea areas of west-central Bay of Bengal during 16th-18th November and along & off south Odisha coasts on 17th & 18th November, 2021.
Fishermen are advised not to venture into deep sea areas of west central Bay of Bengal during 16th & 17th November, 2021.
Advisory to collectors:
- Situation may be closely monitored.
- Districts under yellow warning to remain prepared to meet any water logging including urban areas.
- Continuous vigil of low lying areas, dewatering wherever required including urban areas may be taken up.
- Ensure functioning of control room round the clock.
- Rainfall may be reported immediately to this office.
- Situation report may be furnished.
- Advice for fishermen to be strictly implemented.
- Shelters/ school buildings may be kept open at night for homeless/ needy people for rest to protect them from the cold condition likely to prevail.
The farmers may be advised:
- To shift their harvested paddy if any to safe places and keep it properly stacked under suitable cover so as to avoid any loss/ damage due to rain.
- Necessary measures should also be taken to protect the paddy in mandies, if any, against rain.