KalingaTV News Network
Kendrapara: A nondescript village in Garadpur block of Kendrapara district in Odisha drew a frenzy crowd to witness a ‘miraculous occurrence’ on Friday.
Residents had made beelines to see the emission of gas from a tubewell.
Maguni Sahu of Kalabuda village had dug out a tubewell four days ago at the backyard of his house that could cater to his daily requirement of water and had called up a temple priest this morning for conduction of a puja. However, to his surprise, the tubewell started emitting natural gas instead of water.
As the priest lighted a match to burn the incense sticks, the tubewell caught fire. A panicky Maguni called up his neighbours and the Odisha Fire Services officials who later came and controlled the fire.
“The priest panicked and left in a hurry. Fire Services officials have controlled the fire now but I am apprehensive as it is a thatched house,” said a worried Maguni Sahu.
Officials who visited the spot assured Sahu not to get worried. Meanwhile police has cordoned off the area to avoid any untoward action in the place.
Earlier in 2016, a similar incident of emission of gas from tubewell had come to fore in Kendrapara.
#WATCH | Chance discovery: Tubewell emits natural gas in one Maguni Sahu’s house in Kalabuda village of #Kendrapara district; people throng to see miraculous occurrence #Odisha @soumyajitt pic.twitter.com/2vxa63HXjE
— Kalinga TV (@Kalingatv24x7) June 15, 2018