Senior IPS Officer Abhay assumes charge as Odisha DGP
Cuttack: Senior IPS officer Abhay assumed charge as the Director-General of Police (DGP) and head of Odisha police force here on Monday.
Prior to his posting, the 1986 batch IPS officer was serving as the Director of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad.
Earlier on November 20, Odisha government had appointed him as the DGP after removing BK Sharma, who has been appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to Home Department.
Soon after taking charge as the new DGP, Abhay interacted with the press to brief about six paradigms that he would focus on during his tenure.
The six points are:
- To keep Odisha Government’s ‘Mo Sarkar’ in focus so that complainants can be provided with due relief
- To focus on maintaining the prescriptions of Odisha Government’s 5T Mantra. Using technology, team-work and transparency he wants to bring transformation
- To focus on the safety of Women and to take speedy action on cases against women
- To curb Mao Menace.
- To take strong action for curbing organized crime/Mafia issue
- To work on bringing further improvement on the Investigation process