New Workplace Guidelines Issued By Odisha Govt Amid Covid Crisis, Find Details
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government has issued an official notification to manage the Covid crisis in all government offices. The notification has been released by the General Administration (GA) and Public Grievance department.
The Government in consultation with the Health and Family Welfare department, stated that, “The likelihood of more number of positive cases being reported from Government offices cannot be ruled out. Hence, immediate follow up action needs to be taken once a positive case is reported in any Government office.”
The government advised its offices to follow after some employees in the Lokaseva Bhawan tested Covid positive.
Advisory on Workplace upon the occurrence of COVID Positive cases:
- Immediate isolation of person to Home isolation/ Covid treatment facility as per protocol (Contact BMC control room/ ADUpHO Cell Number 9937 549932/’1929)
- Contact tracing (By Rapid Response Team team of BMC)
- Quarantine of contacts as per category (High risk/ low risk)
- Management of contacts as per guideline. With respect to actions at serial 2 to 4, the responsibility will lie with BMC Control Room/ADUPHo- can be contacted at 9937549932/1929.
- Workplace disinfection as per guideline of disinfection of common public places including offices.
- Closure of workplace: if there are one or two cases reported, places/areas visited by the patient in past 48 hours will be closed/sealed for entry. There is no need to close the entire office building / halt work in other areas of the office. The work can be resumed after following the laid down disinfection protocol as attached (closing down for minimum 24 hours after disinfection).
- However, if there is a large outbreak, the entire building has to be ctosed for 48 hours after thorough disinfection.
- All the staff will work from home, till the building is adequately disinfected and is declared fit for reoccupation.
- Use of face mask, frequent hand washing and social distancing is to be rigorously followed.
- Disinfection to be undertaken with particular attention to high contact and highly visited areas.
- The equipments and furniture used by the person(s) need to be thoroughly disinfected.
- Other employees on resuming duties should adopt proper work place protocol and personal hygiene.
The use of face mask, frequent hand washing and social distancing should be rigorously followed. The Head of Office and Covid Compliance Officer will be responsible for implementation of the guidelines, the advisory added.