KalingaTV News Network
Balangir: A massive fire broke out at a cotton mill in Kapani village under Belpada police limits of the district late on Monday night.
According to sources, the fire broke out at Radharaman cotton mill when some employees were asleep. All of a sudden it spread to the entire mill causing damage of property worth over one crore.
The employees soon informed about the matter to the owner of the cotton mill and called the fire tenders.
Four units of fire fighters rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
Till the filing of this report, reason of the fire was yet to be known. However, short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire.
Police has started an investigation into the matter to find out under what circumstances the fire broke out. They are interrogating some of the employees of the cotton mill.