Anandapur: A man died in group clash that erupted from a trivial issue involving a hen. The incident took place in Anandapur Sub-division of Keonjhar district in Odisha.
As per reports, one Bhima Khandei of Anra village under Nandipada Police limits of the district had sprayed pesticide in the kitchen garden of his family to keep the vegetables safe. A hen of his neighbour Laxman Mallick strayed to the said garden and consumed a few leaves of the plants.
After some time the hen reportedly died due to the poisonous effect of the leaves it consumed. Death of the hen led to a verbal spat between the two neighbours. However, before the argument would take an ugly turn it was decided that the matter would be sorted out in a village meeting in presence of the other dignitaries of the village.
As per the schedule, the meeting was going on in the evening where Baban Behera and Anand Nayak, two dignitaries of the village were hearing the case. At this moment an argument started and son of Baban Behera hit Anand Nayak with a cricket bat for which he became serious. He was rushed to SCB Medical in Cuttack. However, he succumbed to the injury at this Medical when undergoing treatment.
After getting information, Police reached the village and investigation is underway in this matter.