Pipili: In a shocking incident, yet another news of a electric scooter catching fire has come to the forefront. This time the episode has occurred in Lakshminarayanpur village of Pipili district in Odisha.
The owner of the vehicle has been identified as Bijaya Jena of the same village. His wife, Rinki, was driving their daughter back home on the electric bike by the time of the accident.
They were in the Baramana village road when the scooty suddenly caught fire. Luckily Rinki noticed it and ran to a distance along with her daughter, leaving the bike in the middle of the road.
If she had not noticed the fire in time, both the mother and the child could have been badly injured in the accident.
As there were no means nearby to save the vehicle, it completely got engulfed by the flames.
Meanwhile, as soon as the fire department got the news, they rushed to the scene of the incident and got the situation under control. However, the bike was completely ruined by then.
It is speculated that the incident occurred due to a short circuit in the scooter’s engine.