KalingaTV News Network
Soro: At least five houses were gutted and assets worth lakhs lost in a massive fire which broke out in Pakhar village under Soro police limits in Balasore district on last night.
Sparks erupted in one Buddhiram Mohanty’s house in the village late in the night while all his family members were asleep. The family came to know about the fire after it spread to other rooms and woke up to launch firefighting efforts.
Fire tenders from Soro and Bari reached the spot and contained the blaze later in the night, but till then furniture, electronic goods and other valuable items worth over Rs 2 lakh had completely been reduced to ashes.
While the exact reason of the fire is yet to be ascertained, police is investigating into the case.