Good news for the candidates who want to get a job in the Indian railways. The Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC), North Central Railway has issued a fresh notification for the recruitment of 16500 posts.
According to the notification, the candidates will have to apply for the 1659 Apprentice posts online by visiting the official site (rrcpryj.org) latest by August 1, 2022 (23:59 hrs).
- Opening date: July 2, 2022
- Closing date: August 1, 2022
Railways Apprentice vacancy details
Railways Apprentice recruitment essential qualifications:
- The candidate who are willing to apply for apply for the above posts must have passed SSC/Matriculation/10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, from recognised Board and must have passed ITI in relevant trade issued by NCVT/SCVT recognised by the Government of India.
North Central Railway Apprentice recruitment age limits:
- The candidates must be above 15 years of age and below 24 years of age as on August 1, 2022. However, there will be 5 years of upper age relaxation for the SC/ST applicants and 03 years in case of OBC Applicants. Those who belong to the Persons with Disability (PWD) category will have the upper age relaxation of 10 years.
North Central Railway Apprentice vacancy application fees:
- Application fees (Non-refundable): Rs 100
- No fee is required to be paid by SC/ST/PWD/Women Applicants.
Stipend for Railway Apprentice vacancy 2022:
- Selected Candidates engaged as Apprentices will undergo Apprenticeship training for a period of one year and will be paid a Stipend during the training at the prescribed rate as per extant rules governed by the concerned State Governments.
Railway Apprentice job training period:
- The selected Applicants are required to undergo apprenticeship training for a period of 01 (ONE) year.
Railways Apprentice recruitment 2022 selection process
- Selection of the eligible Applicants for imparting training under the Apprentice Act, 1961 will be based on the merit list which would be prepared taking the average of the percentage of marks obtained by the Applicants in both Matriculation [with minimum 50% (aggregate) marks] and ITI examination giving equal weight age to both.
- Further, for trades where minimum educational criteria is 8th pass + ITI, the merit list will be prepared by taking average of marks scored in 8th and ITI (in the trade in which Apprenticeship to be done) marks.
- Short listed candidates, thus enlisted, will be called for document/ certificate verification to the extent of 1.5 times of the notified vacancies.
- In case of two applicants having the same marks, the applicants having older age shall be preferred. In case the dates of birth are also same, then the· Applicants who passed matriculation exam earlier shall be considered first. There will be no written test or viva.
- Final merit list will be prepared Unit wise, Trade wise & Community wise equal to the number of slots in the descending order of percentage of marks obtained by the candidate.
- Applicants need not send any copies of application/certificates/documents to RRC-NCR by post but have to upload the same online.
Railways Apprentice vacancy mode of application:
- Applicants are required to apply ONLINE by visiting rrcpryj.org. Detailed instructions for filling up ONLINE applications will be available on the website.