Fire breaks out at Jagatsinghpur DHH following electric short circuit

Jagatsinghpur:  Patients were left in a state of panic in Jagatsinghpur District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) last night after fire broke out on its premise following an electric short circuit.

The incident took place at around 2 am in the night in the Gynaecology Department of the hospital when over 50 in-house patients had been admitted in its wards. They were immediately taken to a safe location after one of the patient attendants spotted the smoke billowing out of a switchboard located near a water cooler and raised an alarm.

Later, the hospital authorities called up electricity department officials to fix the technical glitch to prevent fire.

Additional District Medical Officer (ADMO) reached the hospital this morning to take stock of the situation.

While a major mishap was averted, patients and their relatives have blamed the lackadaisical attitude of the DHH staff for the incident.

Also Read: Heavy Rain: Several Bridges Submerged In Malkangiri, Road Communication Disrupted

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.