Cuttack Triple Murder Accused Confesses Two Murders,Claims Police

Cuttack: In a fresh twist to the serial killings in Cuttack, police today said that the accused Narayan Sahu has confessed killing two people near OMP Square. Police also said that though Sahu was the prime suspect of the third murder at Ranihat, they will bring Sahu under remand for further investigation into the case.

Police said that Sahu killed both the victims after the duo evicted him from a shanty beside the road stretching from OPM square to Cuttack Railway Station.

“ Sahu was staying in the shanty for the past three to four months. After he was evicted from the shanty he decided to settle the score and eliminated both of them,” said a police official.

Police today took the accused for spot verification and Sahu demonstrated the sequence of events. “We have also recovered the weapon of offence, an axe which was hidden in the garbage heap,” added the police official.

The weapon of offence

The body of a daily wager was found near Ranihat canal on July 23 while two other people were found murdered in the city near OMP Square on the next day. All the victims were homeless people sleeping on the footpaths.  

Police, however, said that the accused denied his involvement in the Ranihat murder. “Though he appeared to be mentally-challenged we have sought the opinion of the doctors as the murders were revenge killing. We will also pray the court to bring him under remand for further interrogation,” said police.

Earlier on Wednesday the wife of Sahu has claimed her husband innocent. She also claimed that Sahu was not present in Cuttack on both the days when the murders took place. She has also alleged police of framing her husband in the murders.     

Also Read: 442 OAS Posts Lying Vacant In Odisha;State Govt

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.