3 rooms of two families gutted in LPG leakage fire in Kendrapara

KalingaTV News Network

Kendrapara: At least three rooms belonging to two families were gutted and assets worth lakhs lost in a fire which broke out in Samantasingharpur village under Mahakalapada police limits in the district on Tuesday.

Sparks erupted in the kitchen of one Susant Swain’s home in the village after a Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder developed leakage during cooking. The flames latter spread to other rooms in his home and soon engulfed Ratnakar Swain’s house, located in the neighbourhood.

Villagers called up Marshaghai Fire Brigade office for help and launched firefighting efforts on their own as fire tenders took long time to reach the spot.

Valuable household goods, electronic items and paddy worth lakhs of rupees were completely reduced to ashes till the villagers succeeded in containing the blaze.

Police have reached the spot and started investigation into the incident.

Kalinga TV is now on WhatsApp. Join today to get latest Updates
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.