No toll fee for private vehicles! Know details

Good news for private vehicle owners of Madhya Pradesh! The state government has decided to exempt private vehicles from paying toll taxes. The government led by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, made the decision to exempt private vehicles from paying toll tax in order to reduce traffic jams at toll plazas.

As per the government, the new decision will be implemented on all new and old roads that fall under the State Road Development Corporation.

The government took the decision after the Public Works Department surveyed around 200 roads in the state. As per the survey, about 80 per cent of the toll tax collected is from commercial vehicles and the rest 20 per cent of tax levied is from private vehicles.

So, though private vehicles pay one-fifth of toll plaza collections, they tend to cause cause congestion often. So, to stop traffic jams caused by the private vehicles at toll plazas, the state government decided to exempt them from toll-plaza taxes.

The Principal Secretary of the State Transport, Mr. Neeraj Mandloi has confirmed that the proposal has been sent to the cabinet for approval.

According to reports, the State Road Development Corporation has constructed all 200 roads using the Build Operate and Transfer (BOT) method. In which, the Government grants all 200 roads to a private company for a fixed time for maintenance and development purposes.

Let us tell you that VIPs are usually exempted from paying toll taxes. The list includes the President, Vice President, Prime Minister, Ministers, and MPs. The list also covers judges, magistrates, central government secretaries, National Highway Authorities of India, Police, Fire, Ambulance, and Defence.

Also Read: Google Maps will now let users know how much toll fee they have to pay

You might also like
4 Comments
  1. Funker says

    Misleading title. Click baits are pretty common techniques used by the worst these days!

  2. Dk says

    Very good initiative to reduce traffic congestion. No one is interested in mumbai to do so even after seeing the jams at dahisar toll plaza. It almost kills commuters to pass dahisar toll naka by wasting precious fuel and time.

  3. Pradeep Nair says

    A very good initiative which evan Maharashtra should emulate. Traffic congestions are the part and parcel of daily life especially in Mumbai . This initiative could really ease the traffic and would be huge relief to the daily road travellers

  4. ASHESH SAHOO says

    Please mention the name of the state in headline. Don’t make your news as click baits.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.