KalingaTV News Network
Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has directed the concerned officials to expedite various Irrigation Projects in Nabarangpur and Malkangiri districts with a view to expand coverage of larger areas under assured irrigation for agriculture in the region, informed Principal Secretary, Water Resources Department, Pradeep Kumar Jena on Wednesday.
The move came after the Chief Minister chaired a review meeting here at the State secretariat today regarding the irrigation projects and farmers’ issues in these districts.
Following issues were addressed in the meeting.
- Seven new Mega Lift Irrigation (LI) projects will be established in Nabarangpur district
• Survey over for projects worth Rs 415 crore , to irrigate 17,000 hectares of land
• Four ongoing Mega LI projects to be completed by June 2018
• These projects will provide irrigation to 4,000 hectares of land
• 11 minor irrigation projects to be completed by March 2019
• Turi, Guntat, Nabarangpur Barrage, Tel Integrated Project & Lower Bhaskel project to be started before March 2019
• 200 check dams completed, 130 in progress
- Tender for 8 new Mega LI projects to be floated soon
• Expeditious execution of Satiguda Irrigation project
• All LI points to be operationalized
The Chief Minister stressed strict compliance to the timelines for completion of every project. He directed that all efforts should be made to implement more number of irrigation projects to ensure wider coverage for benefit of farmers in the districts.
SC and ST Minister Ramesh Chandra Majhi, Lok Sabha MP Balabhadra Majhi, MLAs Manohar Randhari, Subash Gond, Manas Madakami, Chief Secretary Aditya Prasad Padhi, Pradeep Kumar Jena and other senior officials were present in the meeting.