Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government modified the night curfew restrictions from 10 pm to 5 am in all urban areas of the State by exempting several activities after a day the Covid-19 guidelines for January were released.
Reportedly, the Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) listed down the activities on which the night curfew restrictions will not be applicable in a notification.
Following are the activities that are exempted:
• District and Municipal Administration/ Police/ Government Officials on duty
• Doctors, Medical/ Paramedical Staff (Govt. & Private), ambulances and emergency health staff
• Emergency workers of utilities such as Electricity, Fire Services, Telecom, Water Supply, Railways and Airport
• Print and Electronic Media identified by Commissionerate/ District Police
• Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber, etc.) to and from airports, railway station, and bus terminals/ stands/ stops, for facilitating the movement of passengers by air, rail, and road.
• Staff of IT & ITeS companies on production of their ID cards
• Early Warning Agencies including IMD
• Disaster Management establishments
• No restrictions shall apply to COVID testing and vaccination centres and movement of persons/ vehicles for COVID testing and vaccination shall be allowed.
• All Government & Private offices/ establishments dealing with essential services/ utility providers like power, telecommunication, water supply, Police, Municipal Services, Railways/ Airport/ Port services, and Security, etc. shall remain functional.
• All commercial establishments including essential items, food and vegetable shops, excluding all medicine/ pharmaceuticals/ medical devices/optical shops, etc. shall remain closed
• Any person, in case of medical or other emergency
• Owner/ staff of Chemist shops
• All industrial units
• All construction activities
• Operation of hotels and hospitality units, including their associated offices, movement of staff and associated personnel
• Dhabas along National and State Highways/ Major roads for takeaway only
• Petrol pumps and CNG Stations
• LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated facilities, personnel and vehicular movement
• Home Delivery of food, groceries, vegetables, egg, fish, meat, milk and other essential items’ by restaurants and aggregators such as Zomato, Swiggy, OPOLFED, OMFED, Chilika Fresh etc.