6 rooms of two families gutted in Kendrapara fire mishap

KalingaTV News Network

Kendrapara: At least six rooms belonging to two families were reduced to ashes and assets worth lakhs lost in a deadly fire which broke out in Talasanga village under Marshaghai block in the district last night.

Sparks erupted in one Ana Behera’s house and later spread to his neighbour Tophan Behera’s house late in the night while their families were away to take part in a ‘jajna’ performance held in the village.

Furniture, electronic items, vehicles and other assets worth lakhs kept in the gutted houses were completely destroyed during the mishap.

The flames were brought under control after Marshaghi Fire Brigade teams reached the spot after getting intimation from villagers and launched firefighting efforts.

Villagers have demanded suitable compensation for the victim families, who have been rendered homeless in the mishap.

Kalinga TV is now on WhatsApp. Join today to get latest Updates
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.