Three injured after mobile phone explodes in Maharashtra’s Nashik
Three people were injured when a mobile phone charging exploded in a house in the Uttam Nagar area of Maharashtra’s Nashik.
Nashik: Three people were injured when a mobile phone charging exploded in a house in the Uttam Nagar area of Maharashtra’s Nashik.
The explosion became massive due to a deodorant bottle that was right next to the phone.
The repercussions of the explosion were severe. It not only shattered the glass and windows inside the house but also damaged every window within its vicinity.
The impact was so powerful that it even broke the windows of cars nearby. Neighbouring houses also reported broken windows as a result of the blast.
The three individuals who sustained serious burn injuries in the incident are being treated at a local hospital.
Videos of the house and the surrounding area show damaged furniture and metal railings on windows dripping soot and ash.
Smartphone explosions and fires are typically linked to battery issues. Most modern smartphones rely on lithium-ion batteries, which have a delicate balance between positive and negative electrodes.
When these batteries are old or malfunctioning, they can generate excessive heat, leading to a potentially dangerous explosion.
The police are probing if this was indeed the reason behind the blast.