Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence 2022: Eligible candidates to get Rs 60,000 per year, check details
Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE) 2022 is an opportunity offered by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB).
Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence scheme aims to facilitate mobility of faculty members working in a regular capacity in State Universities / Colleges and in private Academic Institutions to carryout research work in an established public-funded central institution such as IITs, IISc, IISERS, National Institutions (NITs, CSIR, ICAR, ICMR labs and other central institutions) and Central Universities, located preferably nearer to the institution where the faculty member is working.
Research work will be carried out in such a manner to ensure that PI continues to work in the host institute as well as his / her parent institute on mutually agreed terms between the PI and Mentor.
Eligibility for Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic / research position in State Universities/ Colleges and private Academic Institutions.
- Applicant should not hold any ongoing research projects or any fellowship at the time of submission of application.
- The upper age limit for the award is 45 years at the time of the submission of application. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates.
- Mentor should be at the level of Associate Professor/Scientist E, or higher level.
- Only one candidate will be allowed to work with a mentor at any given point of time.
Prizes & Rewards of Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence
- Not exceeding three years covering areas under Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences & Mathematical Sciences, including interdisciplinary areas.
- Research fellowship of Rs 60,000/- per year (in addition to the researcher’s own salary) will be provided subject to completion of minimum 90 days research work per year in the host institution. Research grant of Rs. 5 lakhs per annum (50% each to host and parent institution) and overheads (as per SERB norms) will be provided.
Selection & Mode of Application of Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence
- The call for proposals will be notified through the website www.serbonline.in and www.serb.gov.in
- The proposals will be evaluated through peer review processes as per SERB guidelines.
How to apply online for Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence
- For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicant(s) should first register into the online website.
- After log-in, applicant(s) are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- Summary of the project proposal; Project Title (max 500 characters), Abstract of the proposed work (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information of the proposal must be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical document (OTD).
Documents required for Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence
- Biodata of the applicant (under user profile section)
- Other technical details of the proposal
- Certificate from the Investigator
- Endorsement certificate from the Head of Parent Institution
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of host Institution
- CV of the Mentor
- Category certificate
- Age proof certificate
- Joining report
- Mandatory 90 days attendance certificate by the end of the financial year
- Plagiarism undertaking
Last date to apply for Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence