Dates are not only loved by people for its unique taste but it has immense medicinal values. One can easily avoid many health issues by consuming dates.
Commonly known as ‘Khajur’ in India, dates is a tropical fruit grown on a palm tree. Scientifically it was believed to have been originated from Iran that has dark brown skin with soft flesh and tastes sweet.
Dates are one of the sweetest fruit which provides micronutrients and antioxidants beneficial for pulmonary health. Dry dates are high in calories and carbohydrates. Dates contain various vitamins, minerals and many essential nutrients which is beneficial for the human body.
Here are 8 amazing health benefits of dates:
1. Boost Brain Health: Dates are very important for brain memory because they contain choline and vitamin B that is very beneficial for the learning and memory process. Regular consumption of dates is helpful for preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Control Diabetes: Research suggests that dates are helpful to reduce blood sugar and fat levels. It is very helpful for BP and diabetes patients.
3. Good For Skin: Dates are an excellent source of vitamin C and D which keeps our skin smooth. Dates also come with anti-ageing properties and prevent the accumulation of melanin.
4. Lower Cholesterol: Dates contain several nutrients that give various health benefits to your body from reducing cholesterol to healthy bones.
5. Disease Fighting Antioxidant: Dates are rich in antioxidants that treat diseases related to eye disorder, reduce the risk of diabetes, reduce the risk of cancers and heart issues.
6. Strengthen Bones: Dates can strengthen our bones and make them strong. They are rich in copper and magnesium which are very important nutrients to keep your bone healthy and prevent bony related disorders. It is also rich in vitamin K which helps to regulate the coagulation of blood and helps metabolize your bones.
7. Benefits Of Dates In Males: Dates improve sexual health in men. Some research states that dates can enhance your sexual stamina. It helps in increasing sperm count.
8. Benefits Of Dates In Females: Eating dates can make labour pain easy for women in the later stage of pregnancy.