Cuttack: In a tragic incident a youth was killed on Sunday after being entangled with the glass coated kite string called manja in Jagatput area here in Odisha. The incident took place in Pirbazar area of Cuttack.
The deceased has been identified as Jayanta Samal of Bhairpur area in Cuttack district.
As per reports, today at about 4 pm Jayanta was on his way to his father in law’s house on his bike along with his wife. When they were passing through Pir bazar area in Jagatpur he got entangled with manja, the banned glass coated string used for kite flying. As the string was so strong, it slit his throat.
He was then shifted to a local hospital in critical condition but the doctors there declared him dead.
Since the manja thread is banned with which Jayanta was killed, his family members have lodged an FIR at Jagatpur Police Station against the seller and user of the banned thread.
It is to be noted that Orissa High Court has banned the sell and use of manja thread (the glass coated coloured string used for kite flying). Earlier, a few deaths had occurred in Cuttack and nearby area with manja thread.