Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Government gives compulsory retirement to Additional Superintendent of Police (SP) Trinath Mishra for possession of huge disproportionate assets to his known source of income.
Based on a piece of reliable information, the vigilance sleuths conducted raids at Bhubaneswar, Nabarangpur, Jajpur, Jagatsinghpur, and Cuttack districts on the strength of search warrants issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Cuttack.
- Flat no-2/25, Manorama Estate, Rasulgarh, Bhubaneswar
- Paternal house located at Village-Dabugaon, Nabarangpur
- Residential building of Late Pramod Kumar Choudhary (in-law’s house) located at vill-Khaira,PS-Badachana, Dist-Jajpur
- Farm House namely Shantilata Farm House located at Teligarh, near Khaira, PS-Badachana Dist-Jajpur
- Shantilata Care and Nursing Home alongwith Medicine shop at Dhanamandal, Chandikhol Bazar
- Shantilata Transport (first) near Shantilata Care near Chandikhol
- Shantilata Transport (second) located at Dhanamandal, Chandikhol
- House of driver of SO Sri Rajiv Mohanty located at Vill-Dalei Ghai,PS-Biridi,Dist-Jagatsinghpur
- Drug manufacturing unit of Tushar Mishra and Tarun Mishra (sons of SO) located at Mahanadi Vihar,Cuttack
- Office of SO located at SP,signal, Tulasipur, Cuttack
- Govt. quarter at Madhupatna PS campus.
Various documents and evidence indicating an involvement of SO and family members in the following businesses have been unearthed so far:
A. Hospital and Medical Care Business at Chandikhole, Jajpur vide
1. Shantilata Care (Nursing Home)
2. Shanti Drug House
Both are licensed in the name of spouse of SO. Valuation of high end medical instruments at Shantilata Care being done with the help of technical and medical experts.
B. Transport Business in the name of M/s Shantilata Transport; offices located at Chandikhole, and Dhanmandal, Jajpur in the name of spouse of SO.
C. Pharmaceutical (Drug manufacturing) Business at Mahanadi Vihar, Cuttack in the name of two unmarried sons of SO.
A fleet of cars and bikes with the same fancy registration number including a BMW worth over Rs 1 crore was seized from Mishra’s possession.
Apart from the BMW car, Mishra and his family also owned Hyundai Creta car (worth Rs 17 lakh), Maruti Baleno, Chevrolet Trailblazer LTZ car and GTR 250 Hyosung bike worth, Triumph Rocket 3 2020 and Royal Enfield Classic 500 ABS. The Vigilance had detected Mishra’s assets and other property over Rs 9 crore. Notably, Additional SP Mishra was arrested on February 16, 2022.
As of now, 152 officers have so far been given compulsory retirement. Mishra is one of the most senior government officer who has been given compulsory retirement on corruption allegations.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has always given emphasis on maintaining high morals and integrity in the field of public life. He has always insisted on zero-tolerance against incompetent and corrupt officials. He has continuously given efforts to provide services to the people through a transparent, efficient, and accountable administration.