Major fire reduces 78 houses to ashes in Odisha
KalingaTV News Network
Bhadrak: As many 78 houses were reduced to ashes in a major fire that broke out at Khadimahara village under Dhamnagar block in the district late on Friday night.
Sources said that a fire broke out from a thatched house in the village around 3 AM due to electrical short circuit. The inferno soon engulfed other houses nearby and reduced at least 78 houses belonging to 28 families to ashes.
Fire brigade units from Bhadrak, Dhamnagar and Bhandaripokhari rushed to the spot and took control of the fire after three hours.
Meanwhile, the officials of local administration are on the spot and mulling over providing temporary shelter to the affected families.