If you are also the holder of Jan Dhan Account (PM Jan Dhan Account), then this news is very important for you. The government has issued a new order, following which a sum of Rs 1 lakh 30 thousand will be credited to Jan Dhan accounts. For this, only you have to link your Aadhaar card to your Jan Dhan account.
When do you get Rs 1.30 lakh
Actually, Jan Dhan account customers get Accident Insurance of Rs 1 lakh with many facilities. But if you do not link your account with Aadhaar, then you will not get this benefit. Due to which you will lose one lakh rupees. Apart from this, you also get Accidental Death Insurance cover of Rs 30000. Which is available only after Aadhaar is linked to the bank account.
How to do this from Aadhaar link
- You can go to the bank and link the account with Aadhaar.
- In the bank, you have to take a photo copy of Aadhaar card, your passbook.
- Many banks are now linking the account with Aadhaar through messages too.
- State Bank of India (SBI) customers go from their registered mobile number in the message box and send UID <SPACE> Aadhaar number <SPACE> account number to 567676, your bank account will be linked to Aadhaar.
- Keep in mind that if your Aadhaar and bank given mobile numbers are different then the link will not be there.
- Apart from this, you can also link your bank account with Aadhaar from your nearest ATM.
Do not forget to carry these documents
Aadhar Card or Passport or Driving License or PAN Card, Voter Card, NREGA Job Card, Letter issued from Authority, with name, address and Aadhaar number, a letter issued by a gazetted officer bearing an attested photo of account opening.
What is Jan Dhan Account Scheme?
Customers get an overdraft facility of Rs 5000 on the Prime Minister Jan Dhan account. To take advantage of the facility of overdraft, it is necessary to have an Aadhaar card. Apart from this, PMJDY account should also be linked to Aadhar card. The purpose of PM Modi under this scheme was to open a bank account for every family. Under the Jan Dhan Yojana, you can also open an account of a child below 10 years.