Food poising leaves 65 students ill in Odisha’s Mayurbhanj district
Baripada: As many as 65 students in Sevashram of Kamali Primary school in Purunapani area under Khunta block of Mayurbhanj district were taken ill due to alleged food poising.
According to reports, around 15 students of the sevashram complained of uneasiness, vomiting and loose motion after consuming chicken and rice on Sunday. They were rushed to the Dukura Community Health Centre (CHC) by the school authorities for treatment.
Later, 50 other students were also, one after the other, taken to the hospital after they complained the same.
“We were given chicken and rise to eat on Sunday. However, many of us suffered from vomiting and loose motion soon after eating the food. Our sirs and madams brought us to the hospital. I am feeling now better,” said Sonali Tudu a student.
Speaking about the incident, Dr Harish Chandra Sahoo, who attended the students in the health centre said, “A total of 65 students were admitted to the hospital. They were suffering from vomiting and diarrhea due to food poisoning. However, all of them are keeping fine now. We have discharged all most all of them except some 15 students.”
On being informed, parents of some pupils visited the hospital and the sevashram to learn about the condition of their children.
Till the filing of this report, condition of 15 of 65 students is yet to, though under control, improve.