KalingaTV News Network
Nayagarh: In a tragic incident, a man and his son were electrocuted one after another in their farm land in Gambharidihi village under Itamati block of the district early this morning.
The deceased father and son have been identified as Anath Mohapatra and Bhikari Mohapatra respectively.
The incident occurred when Anath had gone to his farm land in the wee hours and came in contact with a snapped 11 KV live electric wire lying on the ground. He was found dead by the fellow villagers.
On getting information about his father’s fate, Bhikari rushed to the spot. But unfortunately he also got electrocuted and was critically injured.
The villagers present near the spot managed to rescue Bhikari and immediately took him to the Nayagarh district headquarters hospital where he was declared dead.
The villagers had informed the local electricity department regarding the snapping of the power cable last evening, but no immediate measure was taken, alleged a villager.
Angry villagers blocked the NH-57 by placing the dead bodies on road to press their demand for ex-gratia to the victims’ kin.