Good news! SBI Pensioners can now submit life certificate through a video call from home, know how
Good news for pension holders who receive their pension in State Bank of India. SBI has announced a new facility called ‘Video Life Certificate’ (VLC) for pensioners, which will be available starting from 1st November. With the new facility, the pensioners will be able to submit their life certificate through a simple video call, which will save them from going to the bank.
SBI announced the news on its official Twitter handle. SBI shared a video in the tweet, in which SBI has explained a step-by-step process through which bank pension account holders can submit their life certificate through a video call from 1st November 2021. The tweet says, “Now submit your #LifeCertificate from the comfort of your home! Our #VideoLifeCertificate service launching on will allow pensioners to submit their life certificates through a simple video call.”
Here is the video:
Now submit your #LifeCertificate from the comfort of your home! Our #VideoLifeCertificate service launching on will allow pensioners to submit their life certificates through a simple video call.#SBI #Pensioner #AzadiKaAmritMahotsav #AmritMahotsav pic.twitter.com/SsyJjnCPlL
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) October 29, 2021
Every government pensioner has to submit an annual Life Certificate in November in order to continue receiving a pension.
Here is how you can submit life certificate though video call.
Check out the whole process bellow-
- Visit the official SBI Pension Seva website that is https://www.pensionseva.sbi/.
- Now click on ‘Video LC’ to initiate the Video Life Certificate (VLC) process..
- Then enter the SBI Pension Account Number.
- After this, you will received OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Read all the terms and conditions carefully and then click on ‘Start Journey’.
- Keep your PAN card ready with you and click on ‘I am ready’.
- Now allow permission to begin the video call and your interaction will start after an SBI official is available.
- You can also schedule a video call as per your convenience.
- Once the video call starts, the officials will ask you the four digit verification code displayed on your screen.
- You have to show the PAN card so that the SBI official can take its photo.
- Now the official will also take a picture of you. After the Video Life Certificate (VLC) process will be completed.
If your VLC process is not successful then you will be informed via SMS. Or, you can go to the nearest SBI branch and submit your life certificate. Note that the process of submission of life certificate has already started from 1st October 2021 and will continue till 30th November.