CM OK’s new Higher Education Regional Directorates
Bhubaneswar: Keeping in view the increase in the number of colleges in the state, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday approved the setting up of two new Regional Directorates of Higher Education Department in the state.
Patnaik gave his green signal to set up the new higher education regional directorates at Balasore and Jeypore.
Currently, the three centres of the department located in Bhubaneswar, Berhampur and Sambalpur are looking into the affairs of all the colleges in the state. However, with the increase in the number of both private and government colleges, the work load for the three offices has gone up manifold. To lessen their burden and to provide faster services, the state government deiced to open the regional directorates, sources said.
Here is the new classification of the Regional Directorates and their jurisdiction –
- Bhubaneswar – Puri, Khordha, Nayagarh, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Kendrapara, Jajpur and Jagatsinghpur
- Berhampur– Ganjam, Gajapati, Kandhamal and Boudh
- Sambalpur– Sambalpur, Jharsuguda, Sundargarh, Deogarh, Bargarh, Bolangir and Subarnapur
- Jeypore– Koraput, Nabarangpur, Malkangiri, Rayagada, Kalahandi and Nuapara
- Balaose– Balasore, Bhadrak, Mayurbhanj and Keonjhar