If a user has accidentally sent a message on WhatsApp, then WhatsApp allows it to be deleted for everyone within an hour. But after one hour, you will be able to delete accidentally sent messages only for yourself and it will not be deleted for everyone after one hour.
However, there is a trick with the help of which you can delete old WhatsApp messages. You need not to install any app for this.
This is how you can delete old messages for everyone:
- First of all, you need to turn off your mobile data.
- After this, go to the settings of the phone and click on the app settings.
- After clicking on the app manager, you have to click on WhatsApp and force stop it.
- Then open the message or media file of WhatsApp which you want to delete for all. Make a note of its date and time.
- Then click on the phone’s settings again and set the date on which the message came. At the same time, set the time (5 or 10 minutes) ahead of the time the message or media file you had sent.
- Now, you are in past and the ‘delete for everyone’ option would be available for you following which you can easily delete the message or media file for all.
- After deleting the message you need to reset the time and date and turn on the data of your phone.
In this way, you will be able to delete the old message. But for this, your WhatsApp should be up-to-date (you should have the latest version of WhatsApp).