21 students sick after consuming lizard infected Mid Day Meal
KalingaTV News Network
Dhenkanal: At least 21 students of Kodibhanga UGME School under Hindol block here fell sick after consuming “lizard infected” Mid-day Meal (MDM) in the school on Saturday.
The incident took place this afternoon soon after a group of students completed their lunch served at the school under the MDM programme. Around 21 students reported symptoms like nausea, head-reeling and vomiting. The affected students were rushed to the Hindol Sub Divisional Hospital by the school authorities immediately where doctors found them suffering from food poisoning.
Doctors treating the students at the hospital claimed that the students seem to have been taken ill after eating “lizard infected” food.
The school authorities have ordered a test of the MDM lunch to find out the cause of the food poisoning.