Puri: The Puri district administration on Saturday decided to impose prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC in view of the Bahuda Yatra.
“In view of the return car festival i.e Bahuda Yatra scheduled on 20th July, 2021 of Lord Jagannath, shutdown with curfew is hereby imposed U/s of CrPC in the jurisdiction Puri Town w.e.f 8 PM of 19th July, 2021 to 8 PM of 21st July, 2021,” said the district administration in a notification.
Here are certain points which the district administration wanted the people to take note of:
- No vehicle movement will be allowed in the entire Grand Road other than the authorised vehicles carrying essential services/medical services during the period.
- All hotels, lodgings, dharmasalas and guest houses on Grand Road will be closed by July 18, 2021. These organisations will have to submit an undertaking in this regard to the local police.
- The survey of actual persons residing in the houses located on the Grand Road will be done by the district administration through the Executive Officer, Puri Municipality. During the period of curfew, any person found beyond the survey list without proper justification will be booked by police under relevant provisions of the law.
- No person will be allowed to see Bahuda Jatra from roof top or balcony of buildings, hotels, dharmasalas, lodges and guest houses located along Grand Road (Bada Danda)
- All shops and commercial establishments, including medicine shops will not be allowed to open during the period.
- All entry points of the district will be sealed in order to restrict movement of people from other districts to Puri district during the period.