15 fall sick after consuming ‘stale’ food in Koraput
Jeypore: In yet another incident of suspected food poisoning in the state, at least 15 persons were taken ill after consuming stale food in Dasamantapur block of Koraput district last evening.
As per the report, a marriage feast had been held in Dumbaguda village a day before yesterday. While the whole village had attended the party, some of them had stored the food prepared there for next day and consumed that yesterday.
However, soon after consuming the food which had gone stale, the victims developed symptoms like nausea, head reeling and vomiting.
All the sick, including women and children were rushed to Dasamantapur Community Health Centre (CHC) in critical conditions.
Treatment of the sick persons was underway at the CHC till this report was being filed.