The use of UPI payment mode for online transactions has become very common now-a-days. As the UPI payment method is easy and safe, many people like to pay through this method. It becomes widespread during this COVID 19 pandemic as exchange bank notes during this time is considered hazardous.
However, it has a disadvantage. If you don’t have any internet connection or your internet speed is low while making payment, then it becomes a nuisance. But you will be happy to know that you can also make UPI transactions without internet.
Users can make payments offline using the * 99 # USSD code, but you should note that in order to make payments offline, your mobile number must be linked to the bank account.
If you want to make UPI payments through offline mode, then follow the steps.
- First dial * 99 # on your phone.
- Select the language of your choice.
- Then you will see a menu with various options. If you only need to send money, press 1.
- Now select the option by which you can send money to the receiver’s UPI.
- If you want to use a mobile number, press 1.
- Enter the phone number linked with the receiver’s bank account.
- Enter the amount of money you want to send and click on the SEND option.
- Finally, enter your UPI PIN. Then the payment will be completed without an internet connection.
- You can also disable UPI USSD using * 99 #.