15 killed after suicide blast hits Afghan funeral
Kabul: At least 15 people were killed and 56 others injured after a suicide blast hit a funeral in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province on Tuesday.
“The funeral was underway for a former Afghan local police official in Kuz Kunar district when the blast went off at 11,” the told Xinhua news agency.
Those among the killed was Abdullah Malakzai, a member of the provincial council,, the source said.
Among the injured, many of them in critical condition, were sent to hospitals in Kuz Kunar and the provincial capital of Jalalabad.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.