13 members of same family die after eating poisonous porridge in Namibia
Thirteen members of the same family have died in Namibia after eating poisonous porridge and some others are stated to be critical
Namibia: In a tragic incident, thirteen members of the same family have died in Namibia after eating poisonous porridge.
The incident took place at Kavango East region in the far northeast of the country.
It is believed that it became toxic when it was mixed with a fermented substance left over from a homemade alcoholic beverage.
The Namibian Broadcasting Corporation said another four people are in a criticial condition in the hospital. NBC, quoting the Namibian health ministry, said at least 20 people consumed the poisonous or toxic porridge after it was mixed with sediment from a homemade beer.
(Input from Agencies).