Unified Payments Interface or UPI form of payments has been quite popular in our country. The popularity of the platform over other banking platforms is due to its simplicity. You just need a smartphone and an app in order to use UPI. Multiple banking facilities can be made just through some clicks on your UPI app.
Even though UPI apps have opened access to easy banking facilities, it has also opened doors to many online frauds. Fraudsters target people with less knowledge about UPI apps and trick them to make payments without their will.
State Bank of India (SBI), one of the leading banks of the country has issued some important tips for its users to stay safe at the time of UPI transactions.
The bank has urged its customers to remember these tips at the time of UPI transactions. The tips have been mentioned below for your convenience.
- UPI PIN is required only for the transfer of money and not for receiving.
- Always verify the mobile number, name, and UPI ID before sending any money.
- Never share UPI PIN with anyone. And do not confuse a UPI PIN for an OTP.
- The scanner should preferably be used for fund transfer.
- Do not seek resolution from other than official sources.
- Use App’s help section for any payment or technical issues and in case of any discrepancy seek resolution through Bank’s Complaint Resolution through Bank’s Complaint Resolution portal. Click here to move to the complaint resolution portal.
You must always verify the UPI ID before fund transfer.
Remember the safety tips every time you make UPI payments.#UPITips #BHIMSBIPay #Safety #CyberSafety #AmritMahotsav #AzadiKaAmritMahotsavWithSBI pic.twitter.com/QilZJbqWxZ
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) June 15, 2022