Now-a-days people are more inclined to use digital payment than cash in daily life. So with the increase use of Unified Payments Interface (UPI) in India, services like Paytm, Google Pay, Phone Pe, and others have become a daily necessacity.
Most of us have at least one UPI payment app in our smartphone.
These apps helps users to make secure payments or transfer money to someone in a simple way.
But this also comes with a risk when your smartphone gets stolen or lost. Someone can misuse your payment apps using your stolen or lost phone.
So if you have lost your phone or it was stolen, you can follow these steps to block Google Pay, or Phone Pe from money being stolen from your account.
How to block Google Pay account
- Users have to call the Google Pay helpline number 18004190157.
- Then select the preferred language.
- Choose the other issues option among the many options.
- Now select the option to talk to a specialist who should help you block your Google Play account.
- Or you can remote wipe your data so that no one can access your Google account from the phone which in turn will prevent them from accessing Google Pay app.
How to temporarily block Paytm account
- First call the helpline number of paytm that is 01204456456.
- If your phone is lost then choose option for lost phone.
- Then select the option for entering a different number.
- And enter your lost phone number.
- Select log out from all device.
- Now, go to Paytm website and select 24×7 Help option.
- Choose the Report a Fraud option and click on any category.
- Next, click on any issue.
- Then go to bottom of the page and click on the Message Us button.
- You will have to submit one proof of account ownership such as a statement of Paytm transaction or a confirmation email or transaction SMS etc.
- After that, Paytm will validate your request and block your account. Then you will sent a confirmation message.
How to block Phone Pe account
- Call the Phone Pe help line number.
- The helpline umber for Phone Pe users is call 08068727374 or 02268727374.
- Slecting preferred language.
- Now a prompt will ask you whether you wish to report a problem with your Phone Pe account will appear.
- And click on the yes option.
- Enter the registered number and an OTP will be sent for confirmation.
- Select the option for not having received OTP.
- Now, you will be given an option to report the loss of SIM or device.
- Select the option for loss of device.
- You will then be connected with a specialist to block your Phone Pe account.
- You will have to provide some details like phone number, email ID, last payment, value of last transaction, etc to the representative to block your Phone Pe account.
Content Source: NDTV