Google drive offers 15GB of free storage to every Google account holder. You can use this free space to upload files and folders from a desktop or mobile device to cloud storage. You can upload all types of files from your computer or phone to Google drive Google drive.
Google Drive can also preview certain file types in-browser, preventing you from having to download and open them in order to see their contents.
Steps to uploading files to Google Drive on the Desktop:
Follow the following steps to upload files and folders to Google Drive.
- First open a web browser on your desktop and launch the Google Drive site.
- Sign in with a Google account.
- Open the folder in which you want to add files.
- Click on New>File upload.
- A new window will open.
- Select the files you wish to upload to the cloud.
- If you want to select multiple files, then press down Ctrl on Windows or Command on Mac while clicking the files.
- Then, click ‘Open’
- At the lower-right corner on the Google drive site, you will see uploading all your files pop-up.
- This section will display a green checkmark next to the files that have been successfully uploaded.
You should not close the tab during the process, although you may open other tabs.
Steps to uploading files to Google drive from your phone:
To upload files to Google Drive from your iPhone, iPad or Android phone to Google Drive, follow the steps bwlow.
- First launch the Google Drive app on your phone.
- Open the folder in which you want to upload new files.
- Then, in the app’s bottom-right corner, tap the ‘+’ sign.
- You will see a ‘Create New’ menu on the display.
- On the menu, tap on the ‘Upload’ option.
- The file manager on your phone will open.
- Select the file or folders you’d like to upload.
- To select multiple files, tap and hold on the first file and then tap any other files you’d like to add.
- Now the files will begin uploading to your account.