Youth dies of electrocution in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: Proving electrical wire theft to be costly for a youth in the state capital Bhubaneswar he was electrocuted to death in Kharvel Nagar area last night.
The victim whose identity is not known had climbed atop an electric pole near his house late in the night to steal electric cable when the mishap took place. He suffered an electric shock after coming in contact with 11kv power transmission line accidentally and died on the spot.
Kharvel Nagar Police rushed to the spot and rushed the body of the deceased for autopsy to Capital Hospital.
While the incident appears to be a case of theft, police said the same is under investigation and the truth will be revealed soon.