Kalinga TV News Network
Keonjhar: As many as five members of a family fell sick and were rushed to hospital after consuming toxic wild mushrooms in Kolimati village under Junga panchayat in the district last night.
One Bakula Nayak of the village had picked some wild mushroom while on a visit to a nearby forest last evening which his family had cooked for dinner. All five members of the family developed symptoms like nausea, head reeling, vomiting and loose motion after consuming the curry prepared with the mushroom later in the night.
The victims were rushed to Keonjhar DHH by neighbours late in the night where their conditions are stated to be out of danger now after treatment.
With the onset of the monsoon in the state Odisha has witnessed a sharp rise in toxic mushroom related food poisoning cases. Earlier on June 30, as many as five members of a family developed food poisoning after eating wild mushrooms in Kantarmua village under Telkoi block of the same district.
Later on July 5, at least 12 persons fell sick in Kundriguda village in Koraput district after consuming toxic mushrooms from the backyards of their houses. The district administration rushed a team of health officials to the village to sensitize people against the consumption of toxic mushroom.