Wild elephant electrocuted in Odisha’s Angul

Angul: A wild elephant was electrocuted after it came in contact with an electric fence near Laxmipur village under Handapa Range in Odisha’s Angul district on Monday.

According to reports, a fence containing of 11 KV Galvanized Iron (GI) wires was placed near a farmland in the village for reportedly poaching boar and other wild animals. The farmland had standing crops of paddy.

elephant electrocuted in Angul

It is believed that the elephant got stuck in the fence and was electrocuted on the spot.

On being informed, Forest department officials reached the spot and began investigation into the matter.

The dead elephant was around 25 years old, forest officials said.

Meanwhile, the officials detained a person and started interrogation in this connection.

Also Read: Puri Srimandir’s Inside Picture Goes Viral On Social Media Yet Again

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.